Symptoms of TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) disorders can range from head and neck aches to popping or clicking when you open your jaw.
The symptoms may be:
- Biting or chewing difficulty or discomfort
- Dull, aching pain in the face
- Hearing loss
- Migraine (particularly in the morning)
- Jaw pain or tenderness of the jaw
- Reduced ability to open or close the mouth
- Neck and shoulder pain
A thorough dental examination is the first step toward finding a solution. Depending on the diagnosis, treatments may include reshaping teeth, bite guards, and muscle relaxants.